Barcelos is named after a quaint Portuguese town that is famous for an ancient legend of the Barcelos rooster. According to the 17th century legend, a pilgrim seeking food and water in Barcelos, was accused of stealing from a landowner. The pilgrim was sentenced to hang despite his protests of innocence. In a last minute appeal to the judge, who was enjoying a roasted rooster for dinner at the time, the pilgrim boldly stated, "If I am innocent, then that rooster will get up and crow!" Suddenly, a gorgeous scarlet-plumed cockerel rose from the plate, crowing loudly.
INDIA'S FOOD MARKET SIZE IS ABOUT TO REACH RS. 42 LAKH CRORE BY 2020 !
Barcelos Flame Grilled Chicken is a market leading brand with a well established identity. Coming from humble beginnings with only a single operation found in Pretoria, South Africa in 1993! The founders of the brand, namely Costa Mazzis, Johan van Eyk and Beverley Vaskys, all are still actively involved in the daily operations of the company ensuring continuity and excellence throughout the brand. The group has its offices in Centurion, South Africa as well as national distribution centres in Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg and in Gaborone, Botswana. It also has a service office in the London.
- Food and Beverage
- Rs. 10,00,000 - Rs. 20,00,000
Total Investment :- 1 Cr. - 2 Cr.
Area Required :- 2000 Sq. Ft. - 3000 Sq. Ft.
Opening any franchise, although it is a safe way of doing business, takes a lot of energy and endurance and has many pros, cons, and obstacles. Make sure that you make an informed decision and consider which type of franchise would suit you. For instance, if you want to go join Barcelos in the food industry, are you willing to work the long hours? How good are you at inter-personal relationships?
Will running a Barcelos outlet suit your finances, energy and character?
If you want to own a fast-food franchise outlet, but cannot decide, then do your homework: visit a few outlets and talk to the staff about their experiences.
Here are a few things to look for in a successful and trustworthy franchise:
- A well-known or recognised brand name and trade mark
- A history of proven performance and success
- A good reputation among past and present franchisees
- A period of training for you and initial on-site support
- Ongoing support and mentoring in all areas of the business
- Training of your staff/laborers
- Efforts to ensure low staff turn-overs
- A manual of operations to help you run the business successfully
- Successful marketing campaigns for the franchise
- Concrete plans for the growth of the franchise.